Mira Awards

Delivering ‘more and better’ for Indiana’s entrepreneurial ecosystem 

My first day in Indiana was the coldest day in 64 years. I came to do a campus tour at Butler University, and even though it was a typical cold and grey Indiana winter day, I immediately knew it would become my home. There’s a sense of growth and innovation here that is missing from […]

Yes, a college degree is still worth the investment

The mantra “knowledge is power” has long been a phrase many of us have heard since we were in grade school. While it might sound cliche, it does reign true as knowledge can jumpstart our careers and help us move up the ranks within our organization. However, the need for a college degree has recently […]

TechPoint progress report on its collaborative Mission41K shows early progress, but more work to do.

A new TechPoint report released today details progress made in Mission41K, Indiana’s collaborative effort to inclusively grow the state’s tech workforce by 41,000 Hoosiers by 2030 and calls on the state’s tech community to continue working toward the aggressive goals.  The report compares 2022 tech job growth to the first several months of 2023 and […]

EDITORIAL: Diversity-unfriendly legislature works against Indiana business and talent imperatives

My name is Kate Maxwell, and I am a member of the Indy tech community, a TechPoint Board Member, and a Hoosier by Choice. I became a Hoosier by Choice four years ago, when I made the decision to move my family to Indiana for a career opportunity in the tech-enabled Aerospace & Defense industry. […]

Indiana Tech Community Pays Tribute to Long-time Tech Leader and Community Champion Bill Oesterle

When serial entrepreneur Bill Oesterle told an Indianapolis newspaper columnist last year that he was dying, it shocked those who hadn’t already heard of his Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) diagnosis. Despite that knowledge, the news of his death last week was just as startling.  As word spread, the tributes flowed. It seemed few companies in […]