As new year unfolds, let’s remember and assist those in need

Imagine you have just arrived at your job at an area restaurant only to find that they are immediately closing the restaurant, leaving you with no income. Or perhaps as you are approaching retirement, your spouse has been diagnosed with a condition that is now rapidly worsening and requires full-time care. Or maybe you and […]

2020 was rough. But it wasn’t all bad.

You’re not alone if you’re breathing a sigh of relief that 2020 is in your rear-view mirror. Too many of us are mourning the loss of friends and family as a result of the pandemic and  the effects of racial injustice. But there were bright spots in the 365 days that comprised 2020, too. Chief […]

DB Services grew from accidental startup to premier custom software development company

Kevin Hammond, founder and CEO of DB Services, is an accidental entrepreneur. He graduated from Indiana University Kelley School of Business shortly after the dot com bubble burst in 2000, which forced him to make his own way in a tight job market through independent tech consulting. It’s been 17 years now, and tech consulting […]

TechPoint adds ‘Pandemic Pivot of the Year’ category to 2021 Mira Awards

New category to recognize exceptional work during COVID-19 pandemic TechPoint is adding a new category to its annual Mira Awards. The “Pandemic Pivot of the Year” award recognizes exceptional efforts by tech companies in the face of a challenging year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Entries for the awards are due by Jan. 22, 2021. […]

What the 2021 Mira Awards theme ‘RISE UP’ means to me

What comes to mind when you hear the phrase “rise up” and how does it make you feel? Because I’m a theatre nerd, the first thing I think of is Lin-Manuel Miranda’s hit Broadway musical Hamilton. The “rise up” phrase is used to great effect in the show, and those six simple letters are so […]